Monday, November 24, 2014

We rest


Keith snapped this pic and it has become one of my faves. Do you see that sweet pup on guard as I nap?
Not long ago I shared an ambitious list of all the things we wanted to accomplish this fall. Then the days got short and the weather got chilly and we were wooed by The Wood Burning Stove. The list was replaced with books. Time we would have spent working on home renovations turned into reading hour(s). At first this was frustrating. It is hard for me to describe how annoyed I was at being unproductive after work. Basically, I turned into a totally sun-dependent sloth and without the light I get almost nothing done.
I am coming to terms with that - it is good to have some down time. It's a resting season.
  

2 comments:

  1. As much as i like to be productive too, I do love reading hour =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same way, lately. Since I'm working so many hours now, the last thing I want to do when I get home is more work or more writing. So, like you, I end up reading. Sometimes, the body just needs a rest. And sometimes the mind does, too.

    ReplyDelete