Thursday, October 2, 2014

4 years!

Keith and I met on the first day of our first graphic design class at college. I was still a senior in high school and desperately wanted a friend to make college classes less intimidating. I thought he was cute and looked friendly so I asked if I could sit by him. True story.
I wish I could say that marked the beginning of the sweetest dating relationship that ever was but it doesn't. We were friends for a while. Then there was a shameful period where I was mean to him in a petty, high-school girl sorta way. When I got over myself I realized that I missed Keith's easy friendship. A friend convinced me to call him after listening to me moan and groan about how much I missed him. I whipped out my flip phone, dialed, immediately felt like an idiot, and was so, SO relieved when it went to voicemail. He did NOT call me back, but he did send a text or two :)
A text or two turned into talking > hanging out > dating > marriage.
And now we are on year 4. Complete with a pup and cozy home.
The way things work out can be so funny but I am blessed to have had this man promise all his days to me.

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You two are so adorable that ANY story would have been cute. And why? Because that's what you guys are CUTE! Happy 4th and may there be many, many more! :)

    ReplyDelete