Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Moon on the Mantle


Chai teas, fleecy PJs, pumpkins on the porch. Chick-a-dees, fall is officially here and I have the decorations to prove it! 
This mantle is a bit more rustic than what I would normally style but I just love how it turned out. I wanted the mantle to have a not-too-creepy Halloween feel but also be easy to transition into Thanksgiving.  What do you think? Did I nail it?
I made the moon and it just kills me. It's turned out exactly how I was picturing it - whimsical, but not goofy. I'll be sharing the how-to soon. It's easy-peasy.

The chalk board was a thrifting find. Despite the craze, I don't own a single piece of chalk so I bent a vintage ruler into a star to fill the space and really love how it looks. It seems I shall continue to forgo the chalk. See that garland? It's from our wedding reception - 4 years ago. I still have a giant box of all the bunting flags that were strung all over the barn. I'm not a sentimental person but I just can't seem to pitch them.

PS - The little white pumpkin in another DIY sneak-peek.

2 comments:

  1. I just love what you did with the vintage ruler. That's so awesome. I like the moon & stars theme. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love LOVE it! Your place is coming along and quite nicely too! Happy Fall, friend!

    ReplyDelete