Monday, April 21, 2014

The Blues

So it's dawned on me that it's been awhile since I, ummm, showed off my recent Pyrex acquisitions.
My collecting has slowed down quite a bit. Partly because I have quite a few pieces but mainly because my "fun money" goes to things like painters tape and hose nozzles. Not that I'm complaining. Painters tape and hose nozzles are fun, just in a different, I-am-now-a-home-owner-and-appreciate-different-crap sort of way.


As you can see, I've acquired a couple primary pieces (the bowl is unnumbered!), the promotional Meadow casserole, and a Cinderella bowl from the Embroidery pattern line that needs a bit of attention. And, truth be told, I have picked up a few other pieces. But they are not blue and would have spoiled the title. ;)
  

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen either of those prints before. Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either which is why I snatched them. Florals aren't really my thing but in regards to Pyrex, well, exceptions can be made!

      Delete
  2. I love Pyrex. We have a GoodWill here in town. I'm debating on looking and seeing if I want to start a collection. Haha. My kitchen theme doesn't quite match it...hmmm...those are VERY good finds though and SO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh girl, it's a collecting this stuff is a slippery slope! Also, good luck trying to find pyrex at goodwill. They put it on their auction site and want ridiculous amounts of money. You'll have better luck a locally owned/operated thrift stores and junk shops :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't ever seen those patterns, either! I love the colors, though. Some of my favorite Pyrex patterns are the winter snowflake ones. They have that same almost-teal blue. Right now, though, I just have a bunch of butterfly gold. I'm thinking about picking out some more of the earthier tones to match it--the greens and browns. I'm definitely looking for a couple more mixing bowls--I use those all the time.

    ReplyDelete