Wednesday, April 9, 2014

planner-page art journaling

I can't believe it didn't occur to me sooner but I've decided that art journaling over expired pages in my planner is a win-win genius idea for me. I mentioned awhile ago that I was obsessed with my planner (still am) and I shared that one of my goals for the year was to do more art journaling. Might as well combine all good things in one spot, right?

So without further ado, here is my first planner-page art journal entry. (I need to come up with a clever name because all that was crazy long. Have an idea? Please leave it below :D )


All this was put together using primarily ephemera. Old envelopes from birthday snail mail. A black paper bag. Magazine page scrappits. I think the only new thing I used are the black glitter letters. Those came from the halloween clearance rack at Target a few years back.
But anyways, I have in fact "journaled" on this page since taking these pics. My thoughts are tucked away underneath that handy dandy fold out bag bit.

So what do you think?
Is planner-page art journaling something you will try? I am totally loving it :)
  

4 comments:

  1. I do a lot of art journaling in my personal journal. Usually ticket stubs, wedding announcements, stuff like that. Then I use my craftsy side and decorate around it. And then add in the rest of my journal entry. Makes my life look interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your life IS interesting.
      I like your approach - adding in the "spice of life" to the journal entry :)

      Delete
  2. how about plagourning....sort of a play on words.....Is that grandma's handwriting I see?
    AA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I can say that! plus it reminded me of plagiarism so maybe no :P
      And yes, that is grams handwriting :)

      Delete