Wednesday, April 30, 2014

6 months of home ownership

It is crazy to me that we have been living in our house for six (6!) months! Mostly because it feels like so. much. longer. I realize that that sounds negative, but I promise, it is not. It's just that this house feels so natural. So US. We love our house.

So just for fun, and for all my new readers (hello!), I'm doing a little house related recap showing what we've done and how much we have left to do on this house of ours. On the INSIDE. We won't talk about the backyard at this moment.


Moving in! Here you get the peek of the front two rooms.


We dove into the deep end and started a lot of (mini) projects and made a main space more livable.


Probably our biggest project to date was tearing out a damaged plaster wall and tweaking the trim work a bit. Fortunately we love the results so living a couple weeks with plaster dust was totally worth it.


There have been numerous other painting projects like this and this. As well as numerous decor related bits like this. And let's not forget Donkey.





Back to decor. Here is the tiniest sneak peak of a chair reupholstery I did. I have been waiting til its sister chair is reuphostered to share fully but I encountered a snag...



Anyways, 6 months! Whew! We are so looking forward to the next 6. So many plans, so little time!
Especially since that to-do list is actually what I want to accomplish in the next 3. A girl can be ambitious, right?
 

7 comments:

  1. Your house is so dreamy! You've done so much and it looks great so far! I can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! It's an old house so it has it's nightmares but we are definitely working on it.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Six months! Congratulations on reaching that milestone. Just imagine where you'll be in another six months. That'll be something to celebrate, too. I know the back yard is going to take more work (and the inside, too), but you guys have done so much work, and I'm happy for you both and proud of you both. I know it can definitely be challenging. I loved seeing the recap here and being able to see everything again. Now I recognize where everything in your house is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are making SUCH good progress for it only being six months in! Long over-haul projects sure can seem like forever! Love watching the progress you guys are making! Way to go, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!!! I can't wait to see it. Probably not this summer as it seems to be a bit crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your house is beautiful! The woodwork is so gorgeous! We're on the hunt for an old home, and I hope we come across one as lovely as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely has its UNlovely parts but we are working on those :)

      Delete