Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Let's go deep, 2014


As is typical to this time of year, I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions. Pondering. Realizing that I've heard the word resolution so many times I'm not precisely sure what it means any more.

So I looked it up in Merriam-Webster and Free Dictionary.
Resolution:
: the act of finding an answer or solution to a conflict, problem, etc. : the act of resolving something
: an answer or solution to something
_
: The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
: A course of action determined or decided on.

So with that bit of information I started trying to prioritize what life problems I wanted to slay. To charge after with firm determination.
But then I thought, "What real problems do I have? I've been so blessed."

My husband. He is awesome and so much more than I deserve. And my family. Oh, I love my fam.
We have a house that is more than we even thought to pray for.
I have further developed 2 passions: event branding and hand lettering.
We went to Florida twice.
I won a design contest.
I finished my second degree and GOT A JOB.
This year has been fantastic. Not without it's share of frustration, tears, and hard lessons learned but still so good.

So on the idea of goodness I came up with one over-arching Goal for 2014:
Live deeper.
To hone in on my passions and the people I care about and to quit feeling guilty that I can't do and be all.  To live a fuller, richer life.
To LOVE.

.......................................................
Not to give a false impression that life is without its issues and inconveniences. Yes. Obviously, there are problems and issues in the day-to-day that need dealing with.  My life is good but I don't live in some charm bubble. We still have student loans to pay and the list of house fixes is so long and expensive it makes me queasy BUT hopefully being purposeful about going deeper will slay problems and keep goodness rolling simultaneously.

:D


 

1 comment:

  1. That, my dear, is a wonderful resolution :) I need to live deeper too... that is SUCH the perfect nutshell!

    Now another thing-- I've had a question in my head for you for a few weeks. Would you like to create a monogram for me and lamar's wedding? I love your hand lettering and I want to have unique touches like it around our wedding. Let me know if you're interested and what your rates are please :) nadiratani@aol.com

    ReplyDelete