Saturday, July 27, 2013

tuckered out

This week had been kinda crazy in a big way.

As I shared a couple posts ago, I started a new job (which I think is going to be absolutely great once I'm settled in) so Monday and Tuesday were spent cramming my head full of new job training bits. Nothing hard, but exhausting, none-the-less. Wednesday and Thursday were spent corralling my sweet teens during a lock-in at our church.
If you've ever been to a church lock-in or hosted a one, you know there's a whole lot of activity and very little sleeping. Now, when planning the lock-in, I was a bit tricksy about the sort of exhausting activity we would be doing. You see, the fellowship hall in our church had nasty, nasty, outdated wood paneling that I just couldn't stand any longer. Since it couldn't be ripped out, it needed to change colors. Hello, Paint. I set the very ambitious goal of getting the entire fellowship hall painted.

You know, since I had a gaggle of teenagers under my command.

We got it done! They were so awesome. They all worked so hard and no one complained that I had lured them there under the pretense of fun only put them to work.
Although, FYI, it was not all work and no play at the lock-in. I'm not a slave driver.

Also, if you were wondering about the timing of things, I did not plan to have the lock-in smack in the middle of my new work week.  It just kinda happened that way. The lock-in had been on my calendar for ages, the new job start date popped up.
Such is life.
The lack of sleep did make Friday an interesting day at work though.
  


2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! congrats on the new job (i will be reading all your posts ive missed) and I think it's great that your church has lock-ins. I think the last time I went to a church lock-in was at least 9 years ago. Hope your little worker bees did a good job with the repainting :)

    ReplyDelete