Thursday, June 27, 2013

The collection grows

PyrexAndCathrineholm

Did you see it? That green and white pan. The Lotus.
I now have a Cathrineholm!
eeeep!

All three of those pieces are ones I picked up for myself. A girl just cannot resist, ya know?

Funny story about the above Terra Pyrex:
Like any Pyrex collector who comes across a piece at a thrift store, I was quite excited when my eyes beheld it. I snatched it up, gave it a hasty inspection, and, despite the MANY metal scuffs, pranced over to Keith proclaiming, "I found a Terra bowl!"
His reply: "A terrible what?"
hehe
Do you find that comical or is it a had-to-be-there sort of thing?

Anyways, like I said, that bowl had really bad metal markings. Had being the key word. Chick-a-dees. I am in love with Bar Keepers Friend. It is a miracle worker when it comes to metal marks. 99% of them are gone. Truth be told, even though it was super affordable, I suffered a brief moment of buyers remorse right after purchasing the Terra. I was afraid that, since it has a matte finish instead of the standard gloss, it would not clean well. I should not have feared. It looks fantastic.

The below pieces are all gifts. The lasagna pan is a late bday present from my sister. The others are from a friend who recently had a read through of my blog, learned that I like mid century and Scandinavian stuffs, then passed a few of her pieces on to me. How sweet is that!?

FireKingMeasuringCup2
FireKingMeasuringCup

Psst... Be a blessing today.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud..terrible what? AA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed as well and I had heard the story before :)

    ReplyDelete