Friday, May 10, 2013

white tail

A beautiful, antique Christmas decoration has come to join my collection! My grandma passed this mercury glass deer to me and I am beyond thrilled to have it! So dainty and sweet.
It was pretty much the last thing I expected to find inside when my mom handed me the box.
It smells like grandma's house. The packaging, I mean.  :)

After doing a bit of research, I've learned that it's Germany made and from 1920's - 1930's. My mom was thinking that a bit of family history that pertained to the deer came in the mailing package, but she didn't have it on her when she gave me this little pretty.


Currently, it is carefully tucked away but I am already itching for December to roll around so I can pull it out and set it with this snazzy German ornament.

eep!

1 comment: