Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How it feels to win the BERNINA WeAllSew Fabric Design Contest

Something awesome has happened. Like really, really awesome.
Do a jig awesome. Squeal awesome. Skitter around awesome.
Then sit and blink for awhile because it's also a bit stunning awesome.

You see, I entered a handful of designs into the Bernina WeAllSew fabric design contest.
There were LOADS of great submissions.

However, I am ever so honored to say that the judges picked my pattern for Grand Prize!
What is the Grand Prize? Well, I get a sewing machine that is quite possibly more technically advanced than my vehicle: the uber snazzy Bernina 710 machine. Plus a few other goodies! Do you know what that means? I can finally return my borrowed Bernina to my sister. Frankly, I never thought I'd be alive the day that happened (over my dead body you can have it back!) but with new things on the way, I will happily relinquish the beloved 801.


Above is the Grand Prize winner
AND
Below is the 2nd Runner Up winner!
Another pattern I submitted was picked! Eeep!


In case you can't tell, I am THRILLED and feel extremely blessed and honored.

It was actually the day we were celebrating my birthday that I found out, making it quite possibly the best bday present ever!

* Ahem. *
I feel a shout out to my awesome Aunt is due. I probably wouldn't have known about the contest and certainly wouldn't have entered if not for her prompting. Obviously, I owe her a giant thank you. THANK YOU for thinking I could do this.
:)
  
 

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
    I am so excited for you I am trying to type through my tears. I knew you should enter!
    Love AA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they printing up some fabric for you? You never know where this might lead. Everybody has to be discovered somewhere, sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! My friend is fabric famous!!!! lol ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shakti... way to go! Congrats... what a blessing! May God bless every step you take for His glory... This is amazingly awesome! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo neat Shakti! Congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats! And I absolutely love your grand prize winning fabric design ... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. huge congratulations to you! I love your winning fabric , well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete