Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Dining Room Divided: A Tiny Tour

Not long ago, I gave you a peek around my sister's apartment. It dawned on me that other than a few glimpses here and there, I haven't given you a proper peek into mine. Seems a tad twisted, yeah? As I've shared before, I really enjoy looking at other peoples homes. Probably an unacceptable, creepy amount but it's OK because they make magazines for people like me! There is so much you can learn about someone by looking at their "cozy space". Not to mention that it is so inspiring! Now, I know I'm not alone in this so, without further ado, here is the dining room....

Kali, I know your going to accuse me of tidying. You are right. There is no way I was going to post pictures of the dining room table the way it usually is - piled high with craft supplies, journals, and textbooks. Go ahead, judge me ;)

I can count on one hand the number of times Keith and I have eaten at that table in the past couple years. We don't have kids so it's not a big deal to just sit on the couch and eat. Instead, the table is used primarily for my off-the-floor crafting, product photog, and if we are really getting serious about accomplishing something - HOMEWORK. All this works out perfectly, because we can have the table pushed against the wall, out of the way, and dedicate most of the space for other things. Other things like Keith's "office". This is were he does all his recording and design work. I do not venture into this space on my own.



Tomorrow I'll be sharing a better view of my Pyrex and giving you the low down on that hutch because I have an awesome story to go with it :)

Live well, my chick-a-dees.
 

2 comments:

  1. I would not have said anything. I only did last time because you were talking about leaving blogger land and going into real life :) besides, you left your shoe pile. that's good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I noticed the shoe pile. :) I think the hanging keys look cool. I have three antique keys that I didn't know what to do with, so I hung them from a frame with some ribbon. I still have yet to figure out how to tackle these terrible brick walls in here. NOTHING sticks to them, and I don't have a way to use brick hooks or anything. Plus, the ceiling is plaster, so I don't want to screw anything into that, either... Anyway, nice Pyrex collection! I have only the "Butterfly Gold" pattern, and just a few bowls at that. I'd love to get a casserole dish, though.

    ReplyDelete