Tuesday, February 19, 2013

unexpected juxtaposition

 Let me start by saying that I'd like to revisit this someday. Perhaps with different glitter and/or different mud. While the results are interesting, they aren't what I was hoping for.

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted some pictures that I thought might kick off a new series? This is my first follow up. In order to get them, I skittered to the park (despite the 21 degree weather. wah.) and tromped around until I found a teensy puddle I could stomp open. Add the glitter to the soggy sediment and BANG!
Magic.
Sorta.
Not.

They can't all be awesome, can they?


1 comment:

  1. I think you've got something creative going on here, and I likes it. I never would've guessed that glitter was what you used to do these. (Before I read anything, I was staring at the top two going, "What IS that? Are they eggs?") I think the first one is my favorite, more or less because there is a bit more shadow off to the left. Maybe to even juxtapose the framing itself, you could have the SPARKLIES (capitalization necessary) even more off to the side?

    ReplyDelete