Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pink Moons

Let's talk about nail art for a second, shall we? Does any one else see those snazzy fingertips on Pinterest and think "I would totally do that - if it didn't take 12 layers of paint and tape" Seriously? How long is the dry time for some of those patterns?  I just can't keep my fingers still that long. I do, however, tough out tape and the wait for french manicures. Those are just so pretty ;)
But anyways, all that to say... the half moon nails can totally be accomplished without tape. I have have done it. You can too.

Just paint your nails as normal, let them thoroughly dry (blow, blow, blow!), then carefully swipe a crescent of paint above your cuticle and dump the glitter on. Once you've brushed the excess off, seal it with a clear coat.
Now, I know your thinking, "Geez, woman. For someone who whines about dry time you sure have a lot of polishes." Well, you are right. But I can justify it. You see, the grey and blue are super sheer and even when layered, they dry quickly.
Not so bad, right?
  

5 comments:

  1. hey! I'm currently wearing that grey polish ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah! Because it's awesome!
      I really like the Pure Ice polishes. They are cheap and stay put :)

      Delete
  2. This is a pretty good idea! And easy enough to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a chronic nail biter (always have been, even though I would love to stop), so I don't ever paint my nails. I was probably nine or ten when I did the last time. I will paint my toes, though. :) Anyway, this is really pretty! I do have some Pure ICE polishes myself. They don't take FIVE coats or whatever.

    ReplyDelete