Thursday, February 14, 2013

My new love

So, today's post is supposed to be about love and lovey things BUT instead I'm just going to do a photo dump. After way to much debate I finally just plunged in and got a DSLR. Why the heck didn't I do this sooner? Seriously. Hello, pretty. It's a Nikon d5100, so it's not anything crazy but it's not too shabby either. It's barely out of the box and I luuurve it already. I don't even have to keep it on auto to get good pics :)


These are just random pics, experimentation off auto.
Next on the agenda is cracking open the manual and figuring out what all those buttons are for.
And finding a good photog tutorial site. Any suggestions, chick-a-dees?

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Good for you. My DSLR is one year old as of last month and I have to say that I LOVE that thing! Although I still haven't had it out with me away from home because I still also love my tiny, easy to carry, Canon PowerShot, and I like to travel light because I'm often walking wherever I go. That said, I know I'd get better shots if I did bring my DSLR out.

    Can't wait to see what you do with your new toy!

    ps. Those square coloured pencils are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you and your new camera! I hope you have fun exploring, and that you learn all kinds of tips and tricks with it. I really enjoyed geting to know mine, too. (And, really, I'm STILL getting to know it.) Out of the ones above, my favorites are the pencils and the crumbling, peeling paint. I'm definitely into that sort of thing. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your new camera! I am a nikon lover myself, they are adorable! Great photography tips you can find at Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Pinterest has loads of links to photography tips. In general, I find sooooo much inspiration there. How ever were things created before pinterst?

      Delete
  4. the picture of the paint w/ the cracks is SO beautiful.... i dont know why/how if that makes sense but i love it. hope you enjoyed the day!

    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes perfect sense! I find that, if you look, there is beauty in decay.

      Delete