Saturday, February 23, 2013

11 questions from Caleisha

The lovely (and recently engaged!) Caleisha from Apartment 203 asked me a few questions. Since I've gotten a few new readers lately I figured it would be fun to answer and let you get to know me in a less themed-post way.

1. What was the first blog you really got into reading?
Bleubird. I have no idea why. I just love her pictures. 

2. If you could do anything as a career what would it be?  Your bills are already paid.  
Blog and eat pulled pork. LOL

3. What was the last spontaneous thing you did?
Thrifting! The other day I left for a 3:00 appointment a few minutes early. I really wasn't early enough  pop into the thrift store on the way but I did it anyways. So glad I did! I found my second piece of Blue Heaven bakeware. Granted, I already have this piece but I just couldn't pass it up!


4. If you walked into a room right now, what song would play?
My husband and his friends talk about this all the time and each have a personal theme song picked out. I have not. I have NO clue.

5. What is your guilty pleasure? 
Staying in my PJs all day. :P

6. What book has influenced your life?
Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy

7. How did you choose your blog title?
When I started blogging, I did it out of curiosity about what the whole "blog" thing was and as a way to force myself into acknowledging and being grateful for my life. I didn't have anything particular I wanted to say or a clear vision of what I wanted my blog to be about. I suspected it would morph as I figured it out. Because of that, I chose to title it something that would stay the same no matter how the content changed - my name.

8. Do you thrift? If so, what was your most awesome thrift store find?
I LOVE THRIFTING! It's all about the hunt, right?
What is my favorite find? That's really hard. My home is full of my favorite thrift finds. Best of all though, is when you go into a store looking for something specific and you find it. Score!

9. Where are you most at peace?
In Keith's arms

10. What's your dream job?
Making pretty things, blogging, eating pulled pork ;)

11. Where would you love to live?
On a coast somewhere. Cliche, I know, but I love the wild that is the ocean.

  

7 comments:

  1. Thrifting is MY favorite too! It's my happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dying of the cuteness on #9 and I totally didnt realize that I duplicated questions! #2 & #10 are def the same thing, lol o.O

    So... how about... Give us a piece of advice. :)

    And thank you for the congrats comment on my engagement post... i accidentally deleted the original one, but I still have the email with your comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think it's cute. I figured it would sound cheesy and get some eye rolls but it's totally true. A hug from him can make everything better and the world fade away. But you know how that is, don't you? ;D

      Delete
  3. What is it with Hoosiers and pulled pork? hahaha. :) Aaron loves it, too. We haven't had it here at the apartment yet, but that would definitely be something to try in the future. I've never made it myself. Anyway...I like your blog title. I know it's your name, but it "feels" like a blog name, too. You have such a beautiful name. It's so peaceful sounding, with all the the soft "ssshhhs" and "esses." Like you, I don't know what song would "play" for me. Every day I have something new. I get addicted to a song for awhile before switching. (This summer, it was "Down in the Valley" by The Head and the Heart. Right now, it's "Madness" by Muse.) And thrifting rocks. I typically go for clothes, though I've often lucked out when searching for objects as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is pulled pork the official state food? If it's not, it should be! And you, miss Indiana legislation editor would be just the person to sneak that bill in LOL

      Delete
  4. I would love to live on the Oregon coast. I love the "wild" that is the ocean too:)

    I live on the same street as a BBQ place that sells awesome pulled pork sandwiches. I smell BBQ every morning and afternoon...It's cruel and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would loooove to eat pulled pork for a career - imagine all the places you could eat pulled pork! haha.

    great idea about your blog name!

    ReplyDelete