Friday, October 19, 2012

The Corn Spider Feasts

Below are some pictures that I am fairly pleased with, if you don't mind me saying.
I mean, yo. I got these with a point and shoot Nikon CoolPix.
Impressed much? Because you should be. Although, not necessarily because of my camera skills, but because it tells you how close my hand was to a very large spider.

Now, I wish it could be said that while I sat enthralled in the freezing (I kid not, I had my mom's winter coat on. What was the spider doing out? Shouldn't it be tucked away in a web of hibernation? Or, let's be real here, preparing to die.), wind-swept yard at my parental an unsuspecting grasshopper snared itself in the web, but that is simply not true. In all actuality, I sent my dad on a mission to find a juicy feast for the spider so that I could have a more interesting photo-shoot. (Cheat much?) I definitely got what I hoped for.

Enjoy:


Do you see how she used her legs to spread the web....
Did you swat at that random tickle on you felt?
  

5 comments:

  1. Wow, did you take these? These are awesome. Great shot, really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ............. 0.0 ...............

    That... is the most... awesome & creepy weird thing I've seen... in... EVER!

    (And yes, that's exactly how I thought this statement. with all those ellipses.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My eyes were pretty much bulging out of my head as I was watching this.

      Delete
  3. Ackkkk! Fantastic shots (but I hate them, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shots. I love capturing these creatures although they give me chills..

    ReplyDelete