Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DIY Photo booth Save The Dates

I appologize that my scanner is being a bit wonky and is casting weird rainbow colorings...
 Let me start this post by saying that I adore making things. I love handmade things and having a handmade wedding was important to me for a couple reasons. First, because I wanted it to be very me. Second, let's be real here, it's so. much. cheaper.
Case in point - my momma made my dream wedding dress for under $70.00.
Ladies, you just can't beat that. 

Now, like I said yesterday, I wasn't really blogging 2 years ago so none of my wedding preparations are documented. Sad times. But I DID recently make burlap boutonnieres for my friends wedding, check 'em here! and I can walk you through the process for our Save The Dates...
Please note that this is a walk through on how I made them, not a Photoshop tutorial. If you don't know Photoshop, I can be bought for cheap :)

 STEP 1: Sit against a white wall and have your sister take 100+ pictures of the lovebirds crammed onto a tiny bench. You must be crammed together to achieve the proper effect. You must also 'hold' up the words.
STEP 2: Sort through the overwhelming number of pictures and pic just 4

 STEP 3: Photoshop those pictures into photo booth strip format.
I made mine  2 5/8" x 8" so that 4 strips could be printed on a standard piece of paper.
STEP 4: Photoshop the letters into your hands.
* No, we weren't holding anything in those pics. Yes, we felt really dumb while those pics were being taken. I'll go ahead and pause a moment while you scroll up and scrutinize our fingers ;)
Continuing on... 


STEP 5: Go to Staples (or do it at home) and print those out! Remember! You are getting 4 on a sheet. 
STEP 6: Swing into Hobby Lobby and buy color coordinating card-stock to back the strips, cute little brads, and possibly glue dots.
STEP 7: Snip, assemble and mail! 
* Dainty envelopes were also purchased at Hobby Lobby but there are lots of shops online that offer adorable envelopes.

ALL TOGETHER, I printed and gathered enough supplies to make 100 Save The Dates and spent under $50. That's 50 cents an item! See how doable and affordable it can be? Hopefully, you are feeling inspired now, even though I didn't give you a step-by-step Pho-Sho tut.


NOTE: These look waaaaay better in person. Because of the brads, I couldn't get the photo strip totally flush against the scanner and therefore it is a bit blurry with those weird rainbow colorings. Printing from Staples is actually really great.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice and a great idea. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a great idea! I'm getting married next year and I may just have to try this out. :)
    Thanks so much Shakti!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! You'll have to be sure to post about yours whatever you do. :)

      Delete
  3. Too too cute! Defiantly easy to make and much cheaper than the average booth. Also, those booth pics are as cute as above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!!! Your so creative :)

    Xo,
    Eeka

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this idea! I'm going to bookmark it!

    ReplyDelete