Saturday, August 25, 2012

What-I-Wore: Gold N Dots




You know how sometimes you think you're fearless and don't give a rip what others think and then you go to DO something and get all weak in the knees and feel ultra awkward. Yes? Glad I'm not alone, because that's definitely what happened when taking these pics.

And I know you're thinking, "Geez woman, it's August! What's with all the clothing!?" But it is downright frigid in my classes and all these layers are necessary. Which, really, suites me just fine, until I step outside and the 88 degree sun blasts me.

Outfit, toes up
Shoes - thrifted
Pants - Target
Belt - thrifted
Cardigan - hand-me-down from friend
Shirt - gift (Design by Humans)
Headband / scarf - gift
Bag - I MADE that beast!


PS - I finally got my perscription updated and I ordered some new glasses. online. major nervous.
PSS - That crazy, awesome bag in the picture where I'm glaring at you... details on that tomorrow.
PSSS - To make a long post even longer.... Have a song!

8 comments:

  1. Must have mustard colored jeans now!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your sister, I am morally obligated to tell you that those pants are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute outfit! I love it. I can't believe you thrifted those excellent shoes. And yes, I too have extremely awkward situations when having my picture taken in public. Especially since it all has to get done really really quickly, because Nick feels even more awkward taking the pictures in public than I do posing for them. Hence the reason most of my outfit posts are taken in my home or backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those pants and shoes together!! Have a happy Saturday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending tonight!. BTW I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. **Anxiously awaiting the bag details** ^.^ It is really awesome!

    I wish I could get away with wearing yellow pants... but then I would totally and completely blend in with the University students where I work... so boring slacks it is :-/ Le'sigh. Being a grown up is the pits sometimes.

    Maybe I just need to figure out how to make 'business casual' more creative and pretty... any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love those shoes!! I will soon order a pair of glasses online.. I'm very scared!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable!!! And I have had people stare all the time....but if you find an awesome wall to take pics in front of ...then who cares! You look adorable!

    Xo,
    Eeka

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those pants! I know, human beings can't help but stare.

    ReplyDelete