Monday, August 20, 2012

Retro color feast

I've been rummaging around the inter-web a bit looking for inspiration for a project I'm working on and came across these pretties. While they aren't quite the aesthetic I'm striving for I can't help but stare! The colors completely captured me.
Most of these are by Mary Blair, a lady who has quite the remarkable resume. The Cinderella carriage painting totally sucks me in. I can't can't help but feel a tich nervous for them, just waiting for them to move too hastily and teeter of the edge.



1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

Hopefully, soon, I'll share what I've been working on and you can give me feedback. It's so beneficial to get opinions from fresh eyes!

PS - Today is my first day back at school :( There is much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

4 comments:

  1. Mary Blair sure knew how to use colours! I love retro prints.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for the first day of school! what is wrong with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog through Bhrett's. :)
    The cinderella carriage one is soooo rad! It's my favorite too. They're all pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the background on that Cinderella print! And that kitschy sunshine cat pic!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete