Thursday, August 9, 2012

Honey money

 Dweeb alert! I'm about to get really excited about something most of you will roll your eyes at...
I found the coolest book at the library... The Art of Money by David Standish, which, as the cover says, talks about the history and design of paper currency from around the world.

 It's crazy colorful and obviously, full of loads of detail. It's impressive how many zoomed-in images there are. I can only imagine the amount of work it took to get all the permissions and permits to print money. But anyways, if you love color and detail, this book is a big, sticky, eye-candy morsel.

You know what else is awesome? Standish wrote the book in conversational English. Meaning, it's actually interesting, has humor woven in, and not at all like reading a textbook.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic book! I love admiring foreign currency when I'm away, it's so commonplace to the natives but a work of art to us tourists! x
    PS Glad you're with me on posh kids at festivals. It's the adults job to misbehave!

    ReplyDelete