Thursday, August 30, 2012

Honey Cornbread Muffs

 I wish that I could say that this sweet little cornbread modification idea was my own, but it's not. This delicious. and ultra simple, recipe is how my momma makes cornbread muffs.

WHAT YOU NEED:
 In addition to the ingredients called for on the Jiffy box, you need 1/4 cup honey (per box of mix). 

Mix away and bake as directed!


TO MAKE THE FROSTING: 
mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 2ish teaspoons melted  butter, and a tiny splash of milk

Note: apparently, the pretty drizzling of frosting wasn't nearly as generous as it ought to have been because when I was finished taking pictures and gave everyone the "go ahead" to eat them, my sister promptly went to the frosting bowl and applied another spoonful. ;)


3 comments:

  1. YUM! I have a couple boxes of the Jiffy Cornbread mix that I wasn't sure how I wanted to use it....but NOW I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I haven't heard a muffin being called a muff since a long lost friend I worked with in high school used to ask me if I wanted to go grab a 'muff and coff' during our break. It made me laugh then and has made me laugh now!

    Your muffs sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made Jiffy cornmuffins last night! but I will definitely make these next time! Yummmmm!!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete