Monday, July 2, 2012

Interview: Arielle from Humble Pie Vintage

The lovely Arielle of Humble Pie Vintage is my chosen one this month and I couldn't be more excited about our partnership! I've really enjoyed getting to know her better and I know you will too...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


1) Share three random facts about yourself :D
1. I have a serious frog phobia. My sisters tormented me with them growing up, so now if you get one near me I will cry/lock myself in a room for hours/have a panic attack. I also work at a pet store so I have to see them(behind glass, luckily) more than I'd like. They escape though and always find me. I was using the bathroom once and I saw one on the ground a few feet away. I ran out of the bathroom with my pants unzipped screaming until someone went and put it back. So, please don't mail me a frog! haha
2. I mainly own VHS tapes. I have about 30-50 DVDS(seasons of shows mainly) and about 300+ VHS tapes. I count on nostalgic 90s movies to get me through life.
3. I have an old air freshener hanging in my car that says "Scent of Mullet" and has a deer and a dude with a mullet on it. I've had it for almost 6 years and it has no smell anymore. I think it's lucky and that's why I haven't been in a wreck.

2) What is the most played song on your ipod?
Lissie-Pursuit of Happiness or the Adele station on Pandora.

3) Do you have a life verse, mantra, or mission statement that you go by?
It's not an exact verse/mantra but I mainly try to remind myself of how short life is and not to disappoint myself.  I think life is too much of a gift to be mediocre so you shouldn't waste your time doing things you don't want to do, or waste your time on people who aren't important to you/your life. My main goal in life is to enjoy mine and not feel like I shorted myself or let myself down. Be true to yourself and your inner voice.


4) You obviously love blogging. What have you learned about yourself through your blog?
When I started blogging, it was because I love my passions/interests so much that I wanted to
share them with other people and hope that someone else enjoys them too. I've learned that
my interests are real and important, even if not everybody shares them. I've learned that if
you work hard and believe in yourself, other people will see it. Mainly, I've learned that
even if I can't find tons of people in my city that share my interests, there's so many awesome
girls out there that are like me, and like things similar to me. I've learned that you can have
real friendships with people you've never met.

5) What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I can't mention a college degree in this section, or something society might consider an "accomplishment".
Personally, I'm most proud of how I'm growing up. I'll be 23 this year and I'm still learning the answers to life's big questions. I'm proud that I've worked full-time since I was 17 and that I support myself now. I'm proud that I don't rely on my parents or a man to take care of me. I'm proud that I've learned to stop being hung up on people that wronged me in the past or rough/rocky things from my childhood. I've learned to let go of things I never thought I could, and I'm proud of that. I've learned to say "no" when I need to, and when to step out of my comfort zone and say "yes". I'm proud that I can honestly say I love myself and I truly appreciate being alive and on Earth.

6) How about a failure? Care to share any wisdom you learned from the experience?
Sure, I've had tons of failures. I think it really depends on how you define the word "failure" in your book. We all know that J.K. Rowling quote:

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default. "

I went to college for a little over 2 years and I hated it and was unhappy, so I quit. I had to deal with
people gossiping behind my back saying that I simply, "failed". I had to(and still do sometimes) deal with people looking down on me or feeling sorry for me that I wasn't going to have a degree like my peers. People thinking my life would have no purpose or direction. I learned to block people out and not let anyone define what "failure" means to me. I don't consider dropping out of college failing. I consider spending time gossiping about other people's lives instead of living and appreciating your own to be "failing".

>>> Don't let what anyone says/thinks about you, define how you live YOUR life. <<<


 7) What age were you when you felt like you'd become an adult?
I still don't feel like an adult all the time. I still refer to myself as a "girl" instead of a "woman" sometimes.
I'm reminded that I'm actually an "adult" when my peers are getting married and having children.
I guess I felt a sense of maturity though within the last 2 years or so, when I realized that although
I don't have much money left over after bills, I'm living. I'm doing the "daily grind" and being an adult. You don't always have someone to rely on or fall back on, it's you and the world.

8) When you have 30 minutes of free time what do you do?
I'm on the computer more than I'd like to admit, but other than that. I play The Sims a lot, old Sega games, thrift shopping as much as I can, and watching comedies like The Office, Friends, and Parks and Recreation.

9) How now brown cow?
What's next? I'm going to continue on the road I'm on, following my heart and listening to my brain as well. Letting my inner voice tell me where to go and what to do.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Don't you just love her answer to number 4. Love it.
If you haven't already, make sure you pop over to her blog because she is a really awesome lady!

6 comments:

  1. I love me some Arielle. She is so beyond sweet and totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arielle is the bees knees. I too love #4. Really none of my friends find the joy in thrifting or crafting like myself. I think that's why I turned to blogging. There are so many "friends" out there you may never meet, but understand and share your passion even more than your best friends do. And Arielle-if you are reading this...I was at the pool just yesterday with my kids and a little girl starting screaming in horror...she said there was a fwog in da pool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! You both are wonderful bloggers! Glad I constantly read ya'lls!

    iwalkalongtheroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Arielle! I look forward to seeing what the two of you get up to together for the month!

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post! I love Arielle so much - she definitely keeps it humble and real. She's given me so much inspiration and also faith in humanity by opening me up to the realization that there are still kind n' cool people out there. Yeah I may have had a grim attitude beforehand.

    Ha, I'm 39 and I still don't feel like an adult! One of these days I'm going to start a personal blog and really share who I am.

    Super stoked to see the Ron Paul button here! Big hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. #4 is why I turned to blogging as well. I am so glad to have met Arielle via the blogosphere :] You are so sweet Arielle, please stay that way!! "Don't let what anyone says/thinks about you, define how you live YOUR life." So good! I am so excited for this month long partnership. It is so fun getting to know everyone better.

    ReplyDelete