Friday, July 27, 2012

Dreaming of a white Christmas in July

Just for fun, Arielle and I thought we would enjoy a little bit of Christmas in July. Seriously, what could be better than holiday spirit coupled with yard sale awesomeness? You should check out what she found.

I, on the other hand, haven't had much luck with awesome, retro, Christmas decor at yard sales lately. Sad times. However, since December is always madness, I spent a few moment perusing the internet, gathering ideas and sources of inspiration so that once the holidays hit I don't have to get ideas, only make :)


1  //  2  //  3  //  4  //  5

And finally, because last years Christmas cards were totally last minute and too tiny for any standard envelope (ha!) I got a start on making some.  I really, really like the way these turned out - thank you Cricut machine - but need to figure out a standard, sightly simplified version so another 80 can be churned out in no time. And so that hubs can help without getting frustrated ;)

PS - Tomorrow I will be posting a sort of Christmas-y DIY :)

6 comments:

  1. I'VE STARTED CHRISTMAS CARDS TOO!

    also I feel I should point out that you didn't proof read this post very well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is where I make a snarky remark about your perfectly proof read blog posts. Oh wait. You never blog.
      ;)

      You should post your cards so I can look at them and feel bad about how uninteresting mine are lol.
      ALSO, where is The Book? I haven't seen it in AGES

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I've the book for ages. Its even done, just need to remember to mail it... the problem being that it never gets mailed to me, so I'm out of packaging. meh.

      Delete
  2. Your cards are soooo pretty. I was happy to get a couple of cards that will be perfect for Christmas giving in the batch of beautiful handmade cards I received from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to think of winter-y things in the summer but your cards are really summery so it makes Christmas in July more bearable ;) Curious to see the upcoming DIY!

    ReplyDelete