Monday, June 11, 2012

Meet Thumbkin


One of the cats at my parentals had a litter of 5 kittens not long ago and while she is a very good momma and has her babies tucked away in a very hard to reach locale (under the roofing shingles dumpster. cozy.) we did manage to lure one out. The little kit is barely big enough to walk! She was so adorable venturing out to meet us because she wobbled and lurched and toppled over a few times. 
Sweet, sweet kitty. Don't you just want to put her in your pocket?

Now, let's take a moment to zoom in and inspect that paw...


1, 2, 3, 4, 5.....6 claws!?  See why we call her Thumbkin?
Both her front paws have that extra thumb while her back paws are completely normal. Isn't she the cutest!? She is so tiny but already she has so much personality. Her siblings are in a sleepy pile while she wobbles into the world looking for adventure (and the momma cat's plate of tuna). I think she will be a fun one to watch grow up.


7 comments:

  1. So so so so cute!! And 6 claws! Is that normal?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is adorable! and obviously special. I love baby kitties. jealous over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You're a woman after my own heart with this post. So adorable, and with those special front paws! Lucky lucky you and your family. I've only ever been around newborn kittens twice in my life and will always remember how breath-takingly cute they are.

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO cute and fluffy!

    P.S. I just found your blog, and I'm your newest follower! Let's be blog friends?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when they have the extra claw! Kittens are awesome.

    ReplyDelete