Saturday, May 5, 2012

Life in little


And now to my favorite pictures.... a baby Praying Mantis!
I found him perched on my leg! He is so lucky I didn't swat him when I felt something crawling on me.
This little guy was quite speedy and was running all over while I tried to take pictures. Fortunately my camera and its noises scared him so he would freeze and try to blend in. After I tucked him into the flower garden I noticed several other baby mantises skittering around - hopefully I didn't squish any :(


To help keep perspective, that is my spoon ring he is perched on top of! So tiny!

7 comments:

  1. How adorable!!! I love little things..especially cool little creatures like your baby mantis friend.

    xo,
    Eeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want it!!! but only if it stays little

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning photographs! I love them all but the baby mantis on your ring is a remarkable shot. Though, with my only phobia being of the insect variety, it does make my hair stand on end a little. But only a little because it is so cute in it's own little bug way.

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of the baby mantis! Wow!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Is he... or she... not the cutest little thing you ever did see? I want him... or her!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing praying mantis pics.. wow ...i would have been screaming.. haha..

    ReplyDelete