Tuesday, May 15, 2012

glitter and gold


My sister unearthed these the other day and it dawned on me that they have never been featured - even though they were the last thing I did in my Metals class. In case you were wondering, these little sweets are not actually made out of gold. I simply cannot afford gold. Nor am I experienced enough to work with it comfortably. Good thing brass is a gold color so the title it isn't a total lie. But let's be real here, glitter and brass just doesn't have that catchy snag to it so I certainly couldn't use that as the title ;)

But anyways, these were made because I had a box full of metal scraps that needed to be used and my soldering-small-bits skills needed further honing. I'm happy with the way they turned out. They are FAR from perfect but I like their look and I will be wearing them until I can stand a green finger no longer. 


Isn't that ant the greatest!?

6 comments:

  1. Very nice Shakti! Are you going to take more metal work classes? You seem to really have a knack for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rings are really pretty! You are quite talented. I always wanted to take a metals or jewelry class while I was at school but never had the chance. Also - awesome nail polish :] And ants typically creep me out but he looks so nice in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool rings, great job. So you like ants and not spiders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I guess. Ants aren't creepy lurkers like spiders. But my general rule for bugs is no more than six legs please.

      Delete
  4. You MADE those rings!?!? How do I get my hands on one (or five) of them??! Can I bribe you for one?

    ReplyDelete