Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I Wore: Red Wool

I refer to this skirt as the Christmas Skirt. Let me tell you why. For the past three years, when December rolled around and I needed something festive (red), warm (wool), and classy (pencil) to wear to a function, I pull this beautiful baby out. Then I put it away until Christmas comes again. What a sad life for such a pretty vintage skirt!

So when the warm breeze inspired me to shave my legs and put on something girly, I dug to the back of my closet and pulled it out. Why not wear it? In a few months just the thought of wool touching my body will cause sweating. So wear it in March, I have.
Even though the skirt is high-waisted, I left my shirt untucked. I wasn't feeling the need to be that girly. I paired it with some of my favorite go-to clothes. I LOVE that shirt. And those shoes. It probably would have been cute with some fun tights, but hey, I didn't do that either...

Navy polka dot shirt - thrifted
Owl necklace - American Eagle
Red pencil skirt - thrifted
lacey shoes - BC footwear


Note my face in this last pic - it's the face of concern. The one I make when I think about how ungrippy my shoes are and then have a terrible mental picture of me tumbling down a cement hill in a pencil skirt. Yikes.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! I would totally wear that :) Your shoes are really cute too.

    xo,
    Eeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! That owl necklace is beyond adorable :D

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! These are all great pieces!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that red skirt and your owl necklace is so so cute. Btw, I actually laughed out loud when you described your potential tumble in a pencil skirt! Well written, my friend.

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this skirt!! You have the cutest little figure! And that necklace is so sweet : )

    I'm a bit late on this but thanks for stopping by my blog! It means a lot for you to come by and I appreciate you being a follower of my billie.

    Hope you have the loveliest of weekends my dear!

    mybillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! Those colours look really good on you :-)

    www.missmarielouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is so cute! I love how bright the skirt is compared to the shirt. You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete