Friday, March 9, 2012

Scraps

 A package from my Grandma came yesterday and truth be told, I'm quite excited about it. You see, one of the things on my list of goals is to make a proper quilt - which I have officially started. YIPPEE! Essentially, my quilt is loosely based on Half Square Triangle, mainly because the triangle pieces allow lots of scraps to be used. The only problem was that despite rummaging through the entire mound of fabric in my closet, only a couple shreds of orange and/or red turned up.   Hence, the package of fabric.
 
 She sent me a beautiful assortment of prints and patterns that I love. Not to mention that they smell like her house which conjures up all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings.  :D I can't wait to start sewing.


So now I'm off to the library to do a bit of homework in a distraction (fabric) free zone. Obviously, the self bribing system works for me. An afternoon of sewing and Netflix is a reasonable reward for three papers, yes?



3 comments:

  1. oh your so lucky! I'm sure if my grandma was still around she would do the same :) I can't wait to see the final result of your awesome quilt!

    xo,
    Eeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good. I am working on it. I'm not as efficient as Grandma:) p.s. that golden pice in the last picture is from my quilt, I wonder how grandma got a piece of it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great. What a sweet grandma. What you have done so far looks really nice. I'm sure it will turn out beautifully.

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete