Thursday, March 8, 2012

pyrex fever


I think the Pyrex bug finally bit me. You see, I never understood the obsession and excitement some people expressed over these dishes, however that's because the right color had never presented itself to me. But now I know. And all I want to do is hunt for these beautiful golden-orange bowls. (Clearly, no research has been done to determine the line this bowl is from and what the proper name is.)


Right now the kitchen is primarily red, with accents of black and white, and contrast and color just this one bowl brings is stunning. The whole room feels so much more cheery. So much prettier. I can't even stand it.
I finally understand why people rave about Pyrex. It's not about the dishes, it's about the kitchen. Well, maybe it's about the dishes, but for me, it's about the kitchen.


5 comments:

  1. You'd love Cathrineholm enamelware!

    (I'm a little obsessed with it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one vintage pyrex bowl and I love it! I can't wait to find another great one. Glad you love them too now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the club! I have a cupboard dedicated to my collection, pieces of which we use every single day. It is so pretty and useful too. Your bowl shape is called a Cinderella Bowl. I've never seen one in a solid yellow colour like that though. Usually the golden yellow colour has butterflies on it. So I think you've found yourself a somewhat rare piece! It looks especially great with popcorn in it :)

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about pyrex, but I really love these photos of your bowl and popcorn!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your Cinderella bowl is from The Town and Country set.

    ReplyDelete