Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Before & After || Conquering the Dresser

Maybe this is silly but it is a really big deal to me...
A monumentus occasion has occurred and I must share it with you.
The top of my dresser has been cleared off and my jewelry has been organized! Seriously, it's taken 18+ months to get my dresser organized and make the bedroom look loved. 
Not that I'm a terribly unorganized person, it's just that it's so easy to close the bedroom door and not face the mess. 
Here are the BEFORE pictures of my heap of a dresser top and the terribly dreary, blank wall.


And here are the AFTER pics! There is color and life and organization! I am now able to find both the notebook AND a pen when a thought needs to be jotted quickly. Can I award myself a Gold Star for that?


I actually didn't set out to fill the wall but it happened and I'm glad it did :)
The whole bedroom feels so. much. better. Not to mention picking out a necklace no longer requires 5 minutes of detangling time.
Can you tell I'm pleased? This project has been on my to-do list for so long and now it's finally done! Even better was that I didn't have to buy more stuff to make everything look and function better. I say 'have' because I did buy that awesome retro cup on one of my recent thrifting adventures.


Question - I know people use little plates or trays to hold their jewelry, but does anyone else use cups?

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I use a corkboard for my jewelry, too!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good, love the necklace board! Doesn't it feel great to acomplish these tasks?

    ReplyDelete