Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Randomness

I have been tagged by the lovely Erica to share 11 random things and answer some questions.
I'm also supposed to post a list of Rules and pass it along to others but, I think I shall skip that part. 


11 Random Pieces of Trivia (about me, of course)
1. I loathe tomatoes
2. Sometimes I still use my fingers to do math
3.  In the summer I live on Edy's coconut bars and Breyers fruit popsicle
4.  I love the smell of tire stores. MMM rubber!
5.  If kiwi birds made acceptable pets I would definitely have one. They are so precious!
6.  polka dots are my favorite
7. I have a keen sense of smell. For the most part, it is a wonderful thing but it has it's down side.  For example, the smell of wet metal becomes overwhelming and makes me gag. The kitchen sink is metal so when doing dishes I use Dawn for the grease and a capfull of Fabuloso for the yummy sent.

8. ummmm... i'll fill out the rest when I think of something interesting to share
9.
10.
11. 
           
Here are the 11 questions from Erica

1. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? 
When people don't use their blinker. It makes me sooo angry. RAWR! 

2. What is your favorite craft right now?
Right now? Hmmm... that's hard. I wouldn't say I have a favorite, just spurts of fondness that change frequently. 

3. What is your favorite school memory?
I LOVED high school. I had a really, really great group of friends. One of my favorite memories involves a roadtrip to Michigan, my friend Dan and I on a fast snowmobile,  and a large stump. 

4. What is your favorite season?
Fall. Hands down. 

5. Where is your computer? 
On my lap. 

6. What is your favorite social network? Why?
I really liked MySpace because it was so customizable but that age has come and gone :(  Does YouTube count as a social network? 

7. Make a sentence using : purple, unicorns, George Washington, snowflakes and horse radish.
Nah, I don't think I will. (I know, Party Pooper) I do like horse radish though. So good with roast beef. 

8. What is the weather like right now?
Sunny and freezing 

9. Do you have any pets?
No. Not right now. 

10. Where is your favorite place to visit?
The Pacific NorthWest 

11. What was your most embarrassing moment?
Oh Geez. I have a few. One that is safe to share on the internet goes like this.... 
This probably shouldn't be embarrassing but it is. 

Amy and I were on a roadtrip and made a pit stop at Cape Cod.  Because we are landlocked Indiana girls we decided that it was very important that we take a dip in the ocean. Arriving at our chosen location we asked the check in guard if the beach was sandy or rocky.  He replied by saying, "Oh, the sand is really nice and fine."  Excellent, we thought, that's exactly what we want.  
Then we get down to the beach and NOBODY is in the water. Odd.
But we toss our towels down and head towards the waves because we are brave and determined to frolic in the ocean. The water was freezing but whatever, our bodies were adjusting. Then, when I was about thigh deep something changed. Instead of sand under my feet it was rocks, SHARP rocks, and bits of shells. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NICE, FINE SAND!?  I waded out a few more inches. At this moment, as I am tenderly tiptoeing in the freezing cold, waist deep ocean water I see something out of the corner of my eye. I look up just in time to be slammed by a massive wave. I can feel myself tumbling and somersault around, the sunglasses are ripped off my face, and a weird burning is happening to my back.  I'm thinking I will drown because I can't seem to get my head from under the waves and when I do manage to poke up my wet hair is strangling me. 
When I finally get a grip on things I realize I am upside down, with my bum over my head in the air. Fortunately my bottoms had not come off although, my top did need some adjusting. I pop up looking for Amy (who I'm sure has been swept out to sea because she is so tiny) and see her standing up, looking a bit like a cat after a bath. We run to each other, making sure we are alive, and then realize that a small crowd of people have gathered on the shore, staring at us.  One old man is CLAPPING, like we put on a freaking show.
I am then told I am bleeding. Apparently the burning I felt was salt water in the many massive cuts I got from the "smooth sand"
So yeah, that was our 45 second adventure in the ocean. We left after that.

3 comments:

  1. Try the beach again, it isn't so bad. Couldn't stop laughing, sorry, I know it must have hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurt it did! I actually had scars from that beach, but they've faded now.
      I would love to hit the beach again - maybe next time I will see someone else tumbling around. ;)

      Delete
  2. Number 11 made up for not doing 7...and I to was laughing, even though I know how scary that is. I've taken a tumble a few times in the ocean, but I'm glad you didn't drown :) Thanks for doing the 11, I love getting to know my blog friends more.

    xo,
    Eeka

    ReplyDelete