Friday, February 24, 2012

I grin and have a happy heart


This is silly but I was really excited about these strawberries. I was out on a quick grocery run and found a pound for $1.50! Thats sooo cheap for the middle of February!  Paired with hot cocoa and they made the perfect mid-morning snack.  See that napkin? That's leftover from my wedding, which was a year and a half ago. Is that normal?
What to know a secret? I add flavored coffee creamer to hot chocolate to give it extra pizazz. Yum!


This love note made me so happy. Really, any love note makes me happy but this one was especially appreciated.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I am literally at school from 8:30am to 5:15pm . So the other day when I was finally done and had trudged out to my car and found this tucked in my dash, I sat there grinning like a goon. My husband is the greatest.

What. Is. That? My thought exactly. I found that in my oven.
After much pondering I realized it was a taquito. That had been turned to charcoal. I don't have a good explanation as to why I giggled madly at that thing but I did.


Dark chocolate chips,in a pretty pattern, making their way to my mouth. Need I say more?

I am so blessed.


5 comments:

  1. Strawberries look delish! Ummm, the taquito not so much....how long was it in there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really sure...lol. It was in there for several bakings though. It wasn't on the bottom but caught up on the rack so it never gave off a strong burning smell. I think it just dried out and then blackened. Yum!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Beautiful love note! Beautiful taquito!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!
    Strawberries = yummmmmm.
    Love note = awwwe. :D
    Burt taquito = hahahahaa!!
    Aaaannd ...
    dark chocolate chips = YES.

    Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun :) Those strawberries looked really yummy...and good idea with adding flavored creamer to your hot coco...Love notes always make me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete