Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bits and pieces of pretty things

One of my most favorite things to look at while treasure hunting for thrifted goodies is... JEWELRY! So over the years I've accumulated quite a collection.  I also have quite a few pieces that have been worn to the breaking point or that came in a pack with something I loved, but wasn't necessarily my style.


These broken or (slightly) ugly pieces are put into a tackle box with other charming odds and ends, and hoarded away in a closet for revamping into a fabulous piece. And I say hoarded because I haven't been doing anything with this box of goodies until recently.
Question: Does anyone else struggle with having too many ideas and not being able to start because you feel small and overwhelmed? Because that's exactly what happened every time I'd pull the box out. I'd basically just end up rearranging the contents and then putting it away an hour later feeling discouraged. Happily, after much antagonizing, I managed to push through that feeling and created!
 Look at the necklace I made! (Is made the right word? Maybe assembled would be more correct.) Anyways, I love, love, love it.

 I must say, I feel quite pleased with myself. hehe

2 comments:

  1. I have so many projects that overwhelm me! lol I get overwhelmed just looking at my Crochet bag! But baby steps...and things will be accomplished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a pretty awesome necklace lady! Yes, I have the same problem, my head sometimes feels drowned with all my ideas and then I just don't know where to start...I'm still looking for a plan or system that works for me, so I'll be more productive :-)

    www.missmarielouise.com

    ReplyDelete