Friday, December 16, 2011

Flocked and Christmasy things

Yesterday, Keith and I had our first Out-N-About day since who knows when and it was AWESOME!
Out-N-About days are full of nothing important and everything lazy and fun. We have been long, long overdue for one of these.
One of the things we did yesterday was pop into a couple of my favorite thrift stores. I literally had not gone treasure hunting in over a MONTH and part of me was dying. (Curse you, school!) So you can imagine my delight when the first thing I see upon entering the store is a mountain of Christmas stuff. I spent 30 minutes in that one little area and it totatly paid off! Look what I found!



On a side note, that deer reminds me of a cat my parents have. She has huge round eyes and a smushed face too!
Anyways, except for the red glass 'bells' and the tinsel puffs all the ornaments are flocked :D

I updated/cleaned up a couple of the ornaments... check out the before and afters.



I'm so excited to have found that little teal bird. I feel like I have a proper flock since it helps tie the other two together. It's kind of foggy now, but I'm pretty sure when I saw the head of that bird peeping out from under other stuff I leapt over a couple boxes to get to it. You know, in case the little old lady standing near me had her eye on it too, I had to make sure I got there first.
What to know a secret? I got all of those for under $2.00!!! 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
While I'm on the subject of Christmas, I have an update about the homemade Christmas cards:
Apparently we made the cards a tad on the miniscule side.  Even the smallest envelopes we could find dwarf our cards :(  They look sooo stupid!!!!! Hahahaha


Note to self - When making cards, buy the envelopes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment