Saturday, November 19, 2011

DIY boxes - super cute boxes


My aunt taught me how to make these boxes when I was a squeak and I still love making them. This little project is a great way to use the old art and fashion magazines that I can't bear to throw away because the pictures are so stinking pretty - I transform them into adorable personality-packed gift boxes. Perfect for Christmas! And jewelry. And for hoarding small things on your desk.
This DIY is almost completely pictures since reading a how-to is asking for a disaster...


 Cut a SQUARE, drawn an X. Any size, although know that the larges it is the easier it is to make.
If you are using magazine paper you may want to line the inside of your square with a sheet of scrap paper to give it added stiffness and durability. This won't be visible once the box is complete so feel free to use old homework ;)


Fold it like the origami pro that you are.


Cut slits in the locations I have cut slits and drawn short lines NOT the original X lines.


Start gluing!


Continue gluing!

Glue the "house" shaped pieces up and over the edge.




To give you an idea of the size, the box is my hand was made from a 7 1/2 inch square.

Happy makings!

No comments:

Post a Comment