Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hells tortures on V-day

I think part of why I love winter so much is being stuck indoors - it kicks my creative need into high gear.
On the otherhand, Ive been suffering from MAJOR creative ADD. I really miss having an apartment to myself, all the extra work space. I try to take projects with me whenever I'll be spending time at Keith's but its challenging to coordinate everything, have a portable project, and remember all the supplies. (listen to me whine) I dream of the luxury of having a 'studio'. A nice happy little nook where I can focus and work.

For V-day Keith took me to the Indianapolis Museum of Art. LOVELY. It's not huge, but there is a enjoyable range of pieces. (Plus admission is FREE!) After being at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC over Christmas break there also seemed to be an extraordinary amount of breathing room. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed MoMA but I was able to linger. As. I. Wished.

Note:

There was this painting, gloriously detailed, phenomenal painting, of Hells tortures. I think it was called Christ in Limbo but I'm having a really hard time finding it online so I must have the title wrong. Either way, all Indiana dwellers - go see this painting. It is a must. Find the Giovanni Bellini exhibit and you shall find the most gruesome 14 century painting your eyes will ever behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment